Experienced, dedicated corporate lawyers
Speak to one of our Singapore corporate lawyers today
I.R.B. Law’s Corporate Law practice specialises in advising on:
- M&As: the buying and selling of asset, businesses, companies, partnerships, and sole proprietorships
- Strategic Alliances: the sharing of resources and costs to undertake mutually beneficial projects or new business ventures, such as through joint ventures, technology transfers, and collaborations and alliances in respect of technology development, operations and logistics, marketing and sales
- Shareholders’ Relationships and Rights, and Directors’ Duties: the structuring, documentation and negotiation of shareholders’ rights and relationships, including employee share incentive plans and share vesting, and directors’ duties
- Financing: the making and raising of debt and equity investments, through instruments such as ordinary shares, preference shares, convertible notes, venture debt, shareholders’ loans, agreements for future equity, and the taking and giving of corporate loans (including advising on inter-creditor arrangements, debentures, charges, corporate guarantees, profit-sharing loans, and compliance with securities and futures and related regulations)
- Capital Restructuring and other Corporate Actions, such as asset and share purchases as part of an intra-group reorganisation, debt and share capital restructuring, moratoriums, share swaps, debt for equity swap, share buybacks, capital reductions, and distributions to shareholders.
- Company Incorporations and Corporate Secretarial matters, including amending of constitutions, expunging of annual returns and charges, restorations of struck off companies, and advising on and implementing nominee director and shareholder arrangements.
We differentiate ourselves by our industry knowledge, and our focus on not just the legal but also the commercial and strategic aspects of a transaction. In other words, we see ourselves not just as lawyers who advise businesses, but as trusted business advisers who are also lawyers.
Our role on transactions is not only to document the parties’ agreement and to “de-risk” the deal but to extract maximum deal value and reduce value leakage.
To do this, we make sure we understand the underlying business, and the parties’ financial and strategic objectives in doing the deal, and apply this understanding to design the appropriate contracts, incentives and deal structures to support those objectives, whether our client’s objective is to realise an investment or to acquire a bolt-on or platform company.
Having lawyers who are well-versed with and who specialise in technology and intellectual property matters also helps us add additional value for any transaction where the key value-driver or motivation for the transaction is the intellectual assets or technology that the target or potential collaborator or joint venture partner has, and the parties’ plan on commercialising or harnessing such intellectual assets or property and technology.
We have advised on, and are very familiar with supporting on corporate and transactional matters in the following industries:
- education and training
- food and beverage
- lifestyle and fitness
- professional services (accounting, consulting, design, marketing, and training)
- technology, including biotechnology, clean technology, data analytics, e-commerce, finance, F&B technology, imaging, IT networks, materials engineering, medical technology, renewable energy, software development,
- venture capital
Our firm’s corporate and transactions team works closely with the following teams of the firm:
- business succession and estate planning
- civil litigation
- commercial law
- employment law
- information technology and intellectual property