Tan Yew Teck – LLB (HONS)
Senior Associate, Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore (1999)
Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public
Yew Teck is a Senior Associate of IRB Law LLP.
He was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor (Singapore) in 1999.
He is also a Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public.
His areas of practice are predominantly Civil and Commercial Litigation, Debt Recovery and Divorce.
In the course of his 18-year practice, he has represented individuals, companies, management corporation, banks, insurance company and legally-aided litigants.
The matters that he has acted on include:-
- Building & Construction Claims, Progress Claims
- Liquidated Damages/Extension of Time Claims, Defects Claims
- Performance Bond Claims
- Restraining Payment Under Performance Bonds
- Occupier’s Liability Claims
- Personal Injury & Workplace Injury Claims
- Oppression of Minority Shareholders
- Scheme of Arrangements
- Companies Winding-up
- Defamation, Malicious Falsehoods
- Tort of Unlawful Interference of Business & Inducing Breach of Contract
- Fraudulent Misrepresentation of Investments
- Passing-off of Business Names & Goodwill
- Sale & Supply of Goods & Services
- Debt Recovery (Secured and Unsecured Loans, Revolving Loans, Hire-Purchase Loans)
- Mortgage Actions
- Voluntary Arrangements (Debt Restructuring)
- Enforcement Proceedings, Renewal of Writ of Execution
- Annulment of Marriages
- Divorce & Division of Matrimonial Assets
- Custody and Maintenance
- Probate & Letters of Administration
- Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
- Landlord & Tenant Disputes
- Disciplinary proceedings.
Yew Teck is fluent in English, Mandarin and Hokkien.