PROBATE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(GRANT OF LETTERS OF ADMINISTRATION & GRANT OF PROBATE)
GRANT OF LETTERS OF ADMINISTRATION
Base Fee (NON-MUSLIM ESTATE): $1,200.00 NETT (Inclusive of GST & Disbursements – filing fees etc)
Base Fee (MUSLIM ESTATE): $2,500.00 NETT (Inclusive of GST & Disbursements – filing fees, extraction of Inheritance Certificate, preparation of renunciations etc.) (if matter is with minority interests, able to give a discount and charge $3,000.00 NETT all in)
1. The deceased is domiciled in Singapore.
2. The value of the estate is less than S$5 million.
3. The matter is non-contentious.
4. There are no caveats lodged against the estate of the deceased.
5. If there are minority interests in the estate, an additional S$1,000.00 will be charged because an additional application to safeguard the interests of the minority interests beneficiary needs to be done.
6. If there are persons lacking mental capacity as one of the beneficiaries, additional costs will be incurred because a separate application to safeguard the interests of the beneficiary lacking mental capacity needs to be done. We will advise you on the costs accordingly.
7. We will write to the four main local banks (i.e. OCBC, POSB, DBS, UOB). If you want us to write to any other local institutions (e.g. insurers, other banks, etc), an additional S$20 will be charged for each institution that you instruct us to write to. Additional fees for writing to overseas institutions will be charged on a case by case basis.
8. Fees requested by the institutions to release information required to complete the Schedule of Assets will be borne by you.
9. If Estate Duty is payable for the Estate, an additional $900.00 will be charged as there are additional forms to be submitted to IRAS. This is excluding duty fees payable to IRAS directly in relation to the estate.
10. If a required person/beneficiary is unable to attend our office to affirm the relevant documents, there will be an additional charge of $200.00 excluding oath fees payable to the Commissioner for Oaths to attend and witness the required person/beneficiary’s signature at their place of convenience.
GRANT OF PROBATE
Base Fee: $1,000.00 NETT (Inclusive of GST & Disbursements – filing fees etc)
1. All of the above as stated in GLA.
2. The Will (if any) is valid and defect free. If defects exist in the Will (i.e. the Probate Registry asks for an Affidavit of Due Execution to be filed), the cost incurred to rectify the defects will be charged separately. An additional S$100 is chargeable for Affidavit of Due Execution that is sworn by a non-lawyer. An additional S$200 is chargeable for Affidavit of Due Execution that is sworn by a lawyer (who was the witness to the execution of the Will).
RESEALING OF FOREIGN GRANTS
Base Fee: $2,000.00 (excluding GST and disbursements)