Cherie was called to the Bar in 2015. Her primary focus is on matrimonial matters where her empathy, sensitivity and patience has won her many cases involving divorce, maintenance, and custody. Her practice areas also include the following:
Cherie comes to law with a strong inclination towards traditional notion of justice and a profound respect for its establishment. With a strong work ethic, Cherie’s interest in law stems from her belief that everyone deserves a fair trial despite their socioeconomic background, demographic origins, or purported culpability. With this disposition, she is committed to representing her clients to the best of her ability with a focus on the human element of a technical profession. Cherie is passionate about her work and her dedication towards her clients defines who she is.
Beyond the workplace, Cherie enjoys partaking in community initiatives and animal welfare causes. She appreciates travelling to new places and learning about new cultures. From traveling across Australasia and Europe, Cherie aspires to backpack across the world.
Besides being dual qualified to practice law in both Singapore and Western Australia, Cherie volunteers her time with Association of Women for Action and Research (AWARE) and Legal Aid Bureau.
- Represented a husband/father in rancorous divorce proceedings which took 2 years and involved over 3,000 pages of court documents and financial reports by third-party accountants. Divorce was granted on husband’s counterclaim and he was further granted care and control of his two children and 80% of the matrimonial assets amounting to approximately S$10 million.
- Represented a husband/father in an acrimonious access battle for his two children based in Indonesia and successfully obtained daily telecommunication access and overseas access after the father was alienated from them for more than 4 years.
- Represented a wife/mother and successfully obtain sole care and control of the children and the transfer of the matrimonial flat to her sole name without any CPF refunds or cash consideration to the husband/father.
- Second chair to managing partner in a High Court appeal where we successfully obtained an increase of 10% in the overall division of matrimonial assets for our client (mother) as well as an increase in maintenance for her son and herself.
- Second chair to managing partner in a complex cross-jurisdictional suit relating to an alleged fraud committed by staff of a renowned Casino. Client was a Myanmar tycoon and the suit involved HK $20 million and events that transpired in Philippines waters.
- Second chair to a senior partner representing Singapore’s leading company in the business of water leakage detection services and rectification. The civil suit was against an ex-employee and the claims involved breach of confidential information, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of restraint of trade.