Eugene is an Associate with the firm. He graduated from the National University of Singapore, where during the course of his studies he was placed twice on the Dean’s List which recognises the top-performing students in each year of study. Eugene also placed top in his course in Unjust Enrichment during his studies abroad at University College London. Prior to joining IRB, Eugene trained and practiced in a leading commercial disputes team in one of the Big Four law firms in Singapore.
Eugene is adept at handling both contentious and non-contentious work and firmly believes in practicing law with a strong dose of common sense.
Outside of the courtroom, Eugene regularly advises clients on corporate and commercial matters,
and is experienced in drafting a wide variety of agreements
relating to loans, franchising, employment, shareholder relations, partnerships, as well as share and business acquisitions
, to name a few.
Where disputes are concerned, Eugene is mindful that litigation can often be a very stressful process for his clients. He therefore spares no effort to give them the representation and advice they require, so that they can rest easy knowing that their matters have been left in good hands.
- Acted for a large MNC in a cross-border dispute involving a project in a South-East Asian country valued in excess of USD 600 million.
- Acted for a group of foreign companies in obtaining disclosure orders against a leading online payments company in support of efforts to trace and recover monies that were fraudulently misappropriated.
- Acted in several cases involving local interior design and contractor companies to recover unpaid fees for work done. Some matters involved unpaid fees in excess of SGD 100k.
- Acted for a prominent local company in investigating and successfully recovering commercially sensitive data and information misappropriated by an errant ex-employee.
- Did advisory work and drafted agreements for a prominent group of companies in the local marine engineering industry.
- Did advisory work and drafted agreements for the sale and purchase of numerous local companies and businesses.
- Did advisory work and drafted loan agreements for several individuals. Also acted for creditors seeking the recovery of unpaid loans. Several of these loans were for amounts in excess of SGD 200k.