Divorce Lawyers in Singapore
With a team of over 20 lawyers, IRB is equipped to support on the full range of family law, including divorce, children issues, prenuptial agreements, annulments and more.
When a marriage breaks down, dealing with divorce and separation can be a difficult and distressing time for everyone involved. On top of the emotional fallout, there may be considerations surrounding children, and the division of your assets (such as property & CPF).
IRB Law focuses on exploring all possible outcomes for resolving your situation, and we are committed to dealing with cases in a non-confrontational, and constructive manner. Our aim is to find an amicable agreement between all parties, with court proceedings being the last resort.
Why IRB Law for Divorce?
Over 20 Legal Specialists
IRB Law is a firm of over 20 legal specialists. When you hire us, you don’t just hire a single associate, you benefit from the collective expertise of our entire team.
Free Initial Consultation
Come and talk to us for an initial free consultation. We’ll listen to your situation and give you honest, direct feedback on the strengths and weaknesses of your case.
Transparent & Affordable Fees
IRB quotes reasonable nett rates which are inclusive of tax and disbursements, so you always know exactly how much you must pay, before you make any payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
One can apply for a divorce if both husband and wife fulfil any of the following conditions:
– Singapore Citizen or PR
– Domiciled in Singapore
– Lived in Singapore for more than 3 years
You have to be married for at least 3 years before filing for divorce, but the Court may grant an application of divorce if you can prove exceptional hardship, such as domestic abuse or compulsive gambling habits.
Contact us if you’re unsure, as each case is different. Our law firm does not charge for consultation with a lawyer.
A divorce is only granted if one is able to prove that there is an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage. This means that you would find it intolerable to live with your spouse, by providing evidence of the following:
– Adultery, whereby a party has been unfaithful and has been caught having sex with another person.
– Unreasonable Behavior – This includes, but not limited to, physical abuse, emotional abuse, compulsive gambling, deprivation of sex, substance abuse etc
– Separation (3 Years) – Both parties have lived apart for at least 3 years continuously. (Uncontested Divorce)
– Separation (4 Years) – Both parties have lived apart for at least 4 years continuously. (Contested Divorce)
– Desertion, if your spouse has deserted you for a continuous period of at least two years immediately preceding your filing for divorce, and you are able to produce evidence of said desertion, as well as evidence of an intention to desert on the part of the deserter, the court may grant the divorce.
Contact us if you’re considering getting a divorce on any of these grounds, and to better know where you stand – Your first consultation is free.
Uncontested divorce can take from 4-6 months, while contested divorce can typically take 12 months or more. Using our proven methods, you’ll most probably be able to settle for uncontested divorce in most cases.
For uncontested divorce, our fees start from $1,200 nett. As for contested divorce, the price varies depending on the complexity of the case. Our team of specialized divorce lawyers are well known for helping clients reach an agreement to settle for an uncontested divorce. 95% of our cases end up as uncontested divorces, which is the best for everyone involved.
The divorce process in Singapore consists of 3 stages. Our specialized divorce lawyers will hand-hold you through the process, ensuring that you get what you fairly deserve, while answering your questions and clearing your doubts along the way.
The Application Process: This involves filing of paperwork such as the Statement of Claim, Statement of Particulars, the Proposed Parenting Plan, and the Proposed Matrimonial Property Plan. After listening to your situation, We will advise you on how to best proceed.
Termination Of The Marriage: A divorce in Singapore can be either contested or uncontested. Contested cases can end up as uncontested ones through a process of mediation that ensures a win-win for both parties. Our team of divorce lawyers is well known for our matrimonial dispute resolution skills. 95% of our cases end up as uncontested divorce cases.
Ancillary matters: Finally, the division of matrimonial assets, custody of the children and maintenance payments of the wife and children (if applicable). This is where you really need a good lawyer, who will help you get what fairly belongs to you.
get in touch with us and speak privately to a specialized divorce lawyer. Your first consultation is totally free, and your privacy is 100% guaranteed.
The free consultation is really about us getting to know one another. We listen to your situation, and ask the critical questions that help us build a picture of how to proceed. The typical items covered would be:
– Assess if you meet the conditions to file for divorce in Singapore.
– Go through and help you understand the different stages of the divorce process, and explain how our mediation process works.
– Help you understand your legal rights, responsibilities and issues before you make a decision.
– Answer any questions related to child custody, HDB matters, or asset division.
– Help you explore your divorce options.
Should you be eligible to file for divorce, you should leave this consult with a clear understanding on your options and our recommendations on the next steps.