Areas of Practice
Personal Injury Law in Singapore
If You've Been Injured in an Accident, Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Singapore
Anyone who has been injured because of another person’s negligence is entitled to file a claim for personal injury compensation. Losses suffered because of the injury may include medical bills, lost wages, transportation fees for medical treatment, the mental turmoil and the physical suffering.
Proving negligence on the offending party’s end can be complicated in many personal injury cases, meaning the chances of winning the claim depends heavily on how the claim is presented. At I.R.B Law, we are well versed with handling personal injury claims. Whether you have been involved in a workplace or traffic accident, we believe you should be compensated appropriately for your loss. We will also ensure that you receive the due compensation that you rightfully deserve so you can recover from the accident as soon as possible
experienced litigators today
Our dedicated lawyers are here to ensure that your claim for personal injury is handled efficiently.
Don't Wait Too Long
Any personal injury case must be filed within 3 years from the date of the injury. Usually, the longer the period between the injury and the claim, the lower the possibility of obtaining the full compensation. Our lawyers will work to gather useful evidence that is to your advantage. However, waiting for too long increases the challenge of retrieving substantial evidence and finding valuable witnesses to support your claim. Therefore, instead of hesitating, you can rely on our personal injury lawyers who can provide the best advice based on their rich experience in handling personal injury claims.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
At IRB Law, our lawyers handle various types of personal injury claims. The two main types of claims that we handle are :
- Traffic accidents claims – These are common occurrences on Singapore’s busy roads, and often happens when the other driver fails to pay attention to road conditions or drives recklessly. It is most likely for claims to be handled by the insurers of the parties.
- Workplace injury claims– For injuries in the workplace, you can choose to file a claim with the Ministry of Manpower under the Workmen Injury Compensation Act, where you do not require a lawyer to represent you. On the other hand, if your claim is filed under the common law, you will need to hire a lawyer. Our lawyers can advise you on the more appropriate method to choose and provide close guidance throughout the filing process.
We understand that the aftermath of an accident means it may be difficult for you to handle your own claim. Our lawyers will work in your best interest and sort out the claiming process on your behalf.
Help Us To Help You
When you consult our lawyers for personal injury cases, be prepared to bring the relevant paperwork and information you have regarding the accident. Our lawyers will analyse the information and determine how to establish the liability of the other parties so that your claim is more likely to be successful.
Background information could include:
- Accident information, including parties and witnesses, the date, time and location of the accident, how it happened and any pictures
- Police reports or interviews
- Your medical history and records of treatments for the injury
- The expected medical outcome
- Insurance coverage
- Past and present employment history
Each personal injury case is unique. At your initial consultation, our lawyers may discuss the possible compensation amount, how long the process should take and how legal expenses are handled. Rest assured our lawyers will always aggressively seek the best possible outcome for you.