Personal Legal Procedures

At IRB Law LLP, we strive to provide all of our clients with the best possible results. Whether you want to change your name, get your HDB POA, or recover a debt, we will compassionately guide you through the legal process and toward the best possible future for you. Our team of experienced lawyers provides a caring and compassionate environment to bring resolution to your legal issues. When you hire one lawyer at IRB Law LLP, you receive the experience, knowledge, and insight of our team.

Our areas of specialty include deed poll, HDB Power of Attorney, Notary Public Services, Commissioner for Oaths, and Debt Recovery.

Areas of Specialisation

Deed Poll – You can change your name legally in Singapore via a deed poll. You have to make a declaration by way of this deed poll, and this declaration has to be made in front of a lawyer before the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (“ICA”) will process the change of your name. You can execute a deed poll if you are a Singapore citizen or permanent resident who is over the age of 21. If you are a foreigner, you must verify with the Foreign Embassy or Consulate Office in Singapore to see if a Singapore lawyer may change your name according to your country’s regulations. If you’re under the age of 21, you can have both of your parents sign the deed poll on your behalf.

HDB Power of Attorney – A Housing Development Board (“HDB”) Power of Attorney is a document that allows you (‘the donor’) to authorize and empower another person (‘the donee’) to act on your behalf for certain matters relating to the HDB.

Notary Public – A Notary Public attests deeds, contracts, and other instruments that will be used in other countries, and provides a certificate of the documents’ proper execution, which is authenticated by his signature and notarial stamp and/or seal. Services include witnessing the execution of Powers of Attorney and other legal documents, certifying originals and true copies of documents, and many more.

Commissioner for Oaths – The role of a Commissioner for Oaths is to administer oaths or affirmations in legal documents. This involves administering oaths or affirmations in connection with affidavits for use in Singapore courts, as well as statutory declarations and legal documents.

Debt Recovery – When your own debt collection efforts fail, Debt Recovery is the alternative option for recovering your monies through legal recourse with the support of lawyers. IRB Law LLP provides services and legal advice on debt recovery to individuals and businesses of all sizes. A Letter of Demand (“LOD”) is a letter drafted and sent by a lawyer to help you lodge a legal claim against the letter’s recipient.

Google Rating
Based on 577 reviews

Why choose us?


We are committed to resolving
your matter quickly and without
incurring unnecessary costs.

Experienced Professionals

We offer more than the typical
incorporation companies. We
are also a full service law firm
with 20 full time lawyers.


Transparent, Affordable Fees

We believe legal services should
be affordable to all. We offer
transparent, affordable, and
fixed free pricing.


Some of Our Personal Legal Procedures Team at IRB

Mohamed Baiross

Founding Partner

Baiross is the managing partner of IRB Law LLP. He is an experienced lawyer with an excellent reputation across a broad selection of practice areas including divorce, insolvency, crime, probate, syariah, and civil litigation.

Kulvinder Kaur


Kulvinder’s practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation, and matrimonial affairs. She has successfully obtained sole custody and highly favorable access arrangements for her clients (both mothers and fathers).

Featured Content

Estate Administration Process: Wills, Probate & Letters of Administration

The complete guide to wills, probate and letter of administration in Singapore.


What happens if you die without a will in Singapore?

An overview on the intestate succession act if you die without a will.


What is Probate and How Long Does it Take?

What is Probate? After a person passed away with a valid Will, his or her executor(s) (and trustee(s), if applicable), who…


Call Now Button
× How can I help you?