Hakim is a partner at IRB Law LLP. He graduated from the University of Liverpool with an LLB (Honours) and was called to the Bar in 2013.
Hakim is also recently known to handle other personal matters such as representing clients in Personal Protection Order
matters, Application for Maintenance of Children
as well as Adoption
and Applications under Mental Capacity Act
Friendly and energetic, he is a reassuring presence. Hakim is also a criminal defence lawyer and is often recommended by accused persons. He is determined to protect his clients' rights while maintaining the integrity required of an officer of the court by providing his clients realistic and straightforward advice.
- Syariah Divorce: Successfully obtained a divorce for a client, whose wife had resided in Batam, Indonesia, and was uncontactable at the time of divorce. In this case, we had to place an advertisement in Batam Pos.
- Syariah Variation: Obtained an order for child’s care and control to be transferred back to mother after parties entered into a consent order on two previous occasions regarding the same issue.
- Syariah Enforcement: Persuaded the Syariah Court to sign documents pertaining to the transfer / sale of matrimonial flat, where a spouse has refused to comply with an order of the court.
- Probate / Letters of Administration: Managed to obtain a Grant of Letters of Administration from the Family Justice Courts, where the deceased person’s former spouse refused to consent to the application.
- Personal Protection Order: Resisted an application by a son-in-law against a mother-in-law after a full trial.
- Maintenance: Resisted an application by a father to reduce child maintenance after a full trial. Also managed to obtain lower child maintenance for a father in mother’s application.
- Crime: Managed to have drug-trafficking charges to simple possession and consumption. Also obtained probation for a young offender who was charged with drug-trafficking.